I am still here

I have not been enjoying 2021, and I do not like August – I took against it in 2000, and that was that. To get myself through it I have been reading novels – trashy and otherwise – and relying on my superpower, which is being able to fall asleep on a sixpence.
AND, I have been wielding my nibs and playing with double sided tape – but I seem to have been too lazy to slap up any pics on my blog… so here goes….

Apologies if I have put these pics up before – I’m surprised that I haven’t.

Anyhow, here is a concise list of stuff that I HAVE enjoyed this August:-

Book of the month: The Appeal by Janice Hallett – Laugh out loud funny, my copy will be winging its way to a friend very soon.

TV series: The Morning Show [Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon] – Surprisingly addictive – worth watching for Aniston’s meltdown in the final episode if nothing else.

And finally….

Health tip of the month: The correct resting tongue position really, really, really matters if you have chronic TMJ disorder caused by clenching.

Oh….and Sunday Music….

25 thoughts on “I am still here

1. Jon

Fab collages. Brilliant song…

I have to like August, my birthday month – despite all the recent disappointments thanks to bloody COVID, and the un-summery weather – it’s the law!

So, does the “old ennui” disappear on Wednesday, Ms Scarlet? Jx

Liked by 2 people

1. Scarlet Post author

Thank you, Jon!
      We’ve had blazing weather here – which makes a change, though it does seem to have drawn the crowds, and The Covid. Ack.
      Does the “Old ennui” disappear on Wednesday? Hmmmm…. I feel a tune coming on…

My story is much to sad to be told
      But practically everything leaves me totally cold
      The only exception I know is the case
      When I’m out on a quiet spree, fighting vainly the old ennui
      And I suddenly turn and see
      Your fabulous face

I will try to perk up by Wednesday!
      Sx

Liked by 2 people

1. Scarlet Post author

Savvy – Late August always does this to me, it’s because I can smell a hint of Winter in the air – and the days start getting shorter – I’ll feel better by late March 2022!
      Sx

1. Scarlet Post author

Z – I know what you mean. I’m probably going to be on edge from now until sometime next year, I really need some sort of strategy to knock myself out of it.
      Sx

2. batarde

Always a heavy month, August, but September looks like being a doozy. My strategy is to stockpile fiction, devour costume dramas and gaze in wonderment upon flouncy handwriting. I also had a notion to read the complete works of Longfellow on the grounds that it would be good for a laugh, but blimey, there ain’t ‘alf a lot of it. Nominative determinism at work once again.

Liked by 2 people

1. Scarlet Post author

Mr Batarde – Crikey, I must change my name immediately – to something like Scarlet Extremely-Organised-and-Prolific-Artist-who-is-also-Minted? Though that’s a bit of a mouthful, and possibly too literal?
      I will be doing much the same as you with the fiction, flouncy writing, and TV dramas.
      Sx

1. Scarlet Post author

Dinah – I’ve just finished reading a novel called Ghosts by Dolly Alderton – it was aimed at a younger cohort, but I found it melancholic and haunting, and it made me feel sad for the generations of women below us. Anyhow, no more melancholic novels for me until next summer!
      I’m looking forward to reading blog posts about your new home.
      Sx

3. Kylie

You can be rid of pesky August in just a couple of days which will be easy because you have already lived through 29 or 30 August days just this year!
    I’m liking the collages, especially the one with the V.
    Can I listen to Sunday music on Monday?

Liked by 1 person

4. Mitzi

August is nearly over and we have ABBA to look forward to in September so it’s swings and roundabouts. As for your teeth clenching, have you tried Psyllium husks?

Liked by 1 person

1. Scarlet Post author

Mitzi – I think I’ll give the husks a miss, Sweetie! Unless they also work for mental constipation?
      Abba – oh yes! I read something about that.
      Sx

5. Inexplicable DeVice

I haven’t seen those pics before either. And I’m sure I would have remembered if I had, because I have (as yet) unanswered questions, such as: Who sits at a table with Royal Mail? And just how many faces does Debbie have? (And in what circumstances did those faces come to be in the Jubilee Mail Centre?? And was Debbie still attached to them?!?) See?
    Anyway, your collages and postal pieces are splendid, as always!

I can’t wait for August to be over, so September can begin. August has been an absolute shambles of a month – a cold, wet, dismal disappointment. I’m sure September will be a marvellously warm and sunny month!

Liked by 1 person

6. Nick Rogers

Jon is right, it’s now illegal to dislike August, under the August (Positive Attitude) Act 2020. You could face very heavy fines, or even a spell in jail. Just keep telling yourself, August is fab!

I like the song. And the figures in action.

Liked by 1 person

7. melaniereynolds

Well, we’re in the same group when it comes to not liking August very much. For me, August is just a month of planning for September. It’s funny, I’m a winter baby, a Sagittarian and yet I have so many Virgos in my life that I refer to September as “the Christmas where I only give presents and not receive them. (Lots of bored horny people in January apparently or did it start as an excuse to warm the bed perhaps?)

At any rate, I love the pictures! I have recently developed a fascination with eco- friendly Washi tape and I got an adorable..wait for it….FOX stamp. Adorable I say! I should do a light-hearted post on Nature-led next week with said stamp and tape. Look there, you’ve inspired me, Ms Scarlet!

Liked by 1 person

8. Scarlet Post author

Mels – I’m pleased to be an inspiration! I am keen on Washi tape as it is reusable, and covers a multitude of sins on a humble envelope. I also love stamps – postage and otherwise.
    Virgos. Hmmm. My opposite sign.
    Sx

Say hello and stuff.....

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s