Until…..

….until WordPress took away the option to use the Classic Editor for writing posts. Where has it gone??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hasn’t life been difficult enough lately without having to navigate newfangled formats??? Eff it.

Meanwhile, in the calm serene world of Ms Blue, she is still waiting for her hospital appointment to have a tooth extraction – it has already been cancelled once and she is fighting the very real possibility of becoming a codeine addicted raddled anorexic [kidding-ish]. The good news is that the toothache has subsided due to the death of said tooth – it just feels a bit weird instead of radiating complete agony. Thankfully the codeine is no longer needed although it is still difficult to eat.

Distraction techniques have featured some of this:-

halloween calligraphy exchange

Yes, I signed up for a Halloween card exchange on Instagram. I had a bit of a fiasco with my postage stamps due to my inability to add up properly. Being able to add up helps if you want to use swanky vintage stamps when sending cards to places such as the USA, Australia, and Canada. Sigh. I am now out of vintage stamps. I don’t have a stamp to my name. I will slap some pics up of the cards I made after they’ve reached their destinations – if they ever make it!

Calligraphy-halloween-exchange-2020

calligraphy-halloween-exchange-envelopes

Yep, as well as postage stamps galore there was also collage! Of course there was.

Other distractions featured listening to very loud music whilst being ironic:

I have another hospital appointment booked for next week. I shall let you know what happens – or you’ll be able to hear my screams, one or the other. Oh yay – I’ve found Classic Editor again!!! There is a God.

29 thoughts on “Until…..

1. dinahmow

I used to be able to go to “admin” and get in from there, but the other day everything went up the booay! And I’m so terrified of summoning another Big Pink Thing I have not tried again.

Hope you tooth will be sorted out or just plain out very soon.

Liked by 1 person

1. Scarlet Post author

Dinah – Happy Birthday!! I think I found Classic Editor when I went back to edit this post. Such a relief. I find the Block Editor really fiddly, and it jumps around all over the place.
      But we need a big pink thing Dinah!! I need a big pink thing!! Which will sound kinda wrong to anyone who reads this that doesn’t know the history of, er, big pink things – You had to be there!!
      Sx

Liked by 1 person

1. dinahmow

Hang on…I thought you had a big pink bush? The one you had trouble trimming…oh! wait! That was at the house-before-now!
        See? Even mention of it gets me all of a muddle.
        And the block editor is not at all helpful!

Liked by 1 person

2. Scarlet Post author

Dinah – The big pink bush is at this house, but it never bloomed as well as it did the first year I was here.
        Come on Dinah – time to post!
        Sx

1. Scarlet Post author

Oh yes, Mr Looby, teeth can die – or their nerves can – the blood stops flowing to them, they go black and fall out. I am guessing that’s what’s happened either that or I’ve had phantom toothache since July. It wouldn’t surprise me.
      SX

2. Peter Wells aka Countingducks

I really hate it when WordPress much around with the workings and it always leaves me struggling in at least 2.5 languages. On the tooth front, I am glad the pain has subsided but really hope the tooth causing you pain has the good grace to leave your mouth in the near future 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Scarlet Post author

Me too, Mr Ducks! WordPress seems to function on two systems, it drives me nuts. Yes, I hope the tooth goes gracefully too and that I’m not left unattended if I have to have the Novocain. Could be interesting.
      Sx

Liked by 1 person

3. Jon

Oh dear – WordPress is “doing a Google” on you? Why can’t these bloody tech companies leave things as there are, rather than making constant “improvements”? I notice from Wikipedia that they also bought Tumblr, so I imagine their long-term plan is to merge the two…Jx

PS Hope the dental hospital sorts the tooth. You don’t want to end up looking like Shane McGowan.

Liked by 1 person

1. Scarlet Post author

Ha ha! No! Shane McGowan is not a good look!
      I think the tech people are bored and are tinkering to justify their salaries and to keep themselves in work. Ack. I will get the hang of it. Eventually.
      Sx

4. Mistress Borghese

Oh you poor thing about the tooth. Shall I send a houseboy with dental background to assist you? I’m sure it would only be a small prick you’d feel. I am adoring your workmanship and lovely Halloween notes!!!! Who wouldn’t be happy and tickled to receive one.

Liked by 1 person

1. Scarlet Post author

Mistress B – Any assistance, small or otherwise, will be gratefully received. Do I have your address? Maybe I can get something to you in time for Christmas!
      Sx

5. Inexplicable DeVice

It’s so lovely to see that, despite your tooth woes, you’re almost single-handedly keeping the Post Office & Royal Mail in business! I feel a Damehood is in order. In fact, I can almost hear the Queen’s quill nib scratching across her notepaper as she adds you to the 2021 Honours List…

Liked by 1 person

6. Scarlet Post author

I know, Mr Devine! I am a star! I hope the Queen has nice writing, and that she uses the notepaper with the picture of the Corgis printed at the top.
    Sx

1. Scarlet Post author

Mr Mags – well this is true. I have no sign of a muffin top, so this is at least one upside. NOT THAT I HAD ONE BEFORE. *Storms off in a huff of scarlet like I used to in the good ‘ol days, when hugging, smoking and drinking was all the rage, and having an occasional cough didn’t garner a dirty glare*
      Sx

1. Scarlet Post author

Once upon a time we squirted Fabreze across our blogs (usually after an encounter with Beast), these days we wear hazmat suits and power jet disinfectant over each other. Oh how times change.
      *Buggers off to have a moment with a bottle of hand sanitizer*
      Sx

Liked by 1 person

1. 63mago

HEy – you drenched my rollups !

Let’s turn all this disinfection into something bearable – a gin bath is surely a cure-all, including aching knees, ingrown toenails and general malarky ! And : It smells healthy ! Things must smell healthy, regardless of their actual avail.

Liked by 1 person

2. Scarlet Post author

This is true. I have been drenching everything with a healthy lavender scent. Ylang Ylang is even better, it smells vaguely clinical. A gin bath? Should we steal the Gin jacuzzi from the house of Infomaniac? I think it is time, and we need some fun. Smoke me a marmite sandwich, I’ll be back for elevensees.
        Crikey. I have forgotten how to spell.
        Sx

7. lisleman

Thanks for a song I have not heard. Good to hear you have an appointment for your fix. Oh that’s a fix for your tooth problem, NOT a fix for codeine. Halloween card exchange – didn’t know anyone did that.
    Updates and changes to software programs – It never ends does it. Some of it is job security. It’s ok if they actually fix a bug. Changing the format, menus, etc. is plain annoying.
    BTW our mail is filled with attack ads about various candidates. The only benefit is it provides money to the post office.

1. Scarlet Post author

Bill – I think the tune is from 1979?! I think most of my exchange is with my calligraphy friends in the US! It’s something fun to do, especially this year. I thought it was time to get my finger out and get involved.
      Yes, I’m very fed up with all these blogging changes – as if we don’t have enough to challenge us!
      Sx

Liked by 1 person

8. Nick Rogers

Classic Editor? A big pink bush? Power jet disinfectant? I think I may have stumbled across a previously unknown indigenous tribe speaking a totally alien language. Glad to hear your toothache has subsided. Once the tooth is out, will you be trying one of those implant doodads or will you just enjoy your new orifice?

9. Scarlet Post author

Nick – I haven’t thought about life post tooth extraction – though it did cross my mind that I still won’t be able to eat properly because I won’t have anything to chew with!!! Yes – maybe an implant one day, or a full set of false teeth at this rate. Anyhow, the tooth won’t be coming out this week, they’ve got to inspect me first. Crikey.
    Yes, the Dwindling Tribe!
    Sx

Say hello and stuff.....

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s